Welcome to your lesson notes page Coralie!
Fri 11th June 2021
Your first lesson with me! 😄🎻
So great to meet you today and see how you’ve been getting on with violin. Here are some things to be thinking about til next lesson:
- Great left hand set-up! You can use the video below too help improve your bow hold:
- Start every practice with some long straight bows, thinking about how your upper arm should come forwards as you move into the upper half of the bow. You can tune your violin at the same time!
- Remember not to press too hard as you approach the heel on your long up bows.
- Try to sing the tune in your head as you play.
- Practice the start of the 2nd line the most, as this is the only bit that doesn’t get repeated.
- Practice the scale using full bows on the minims and half bows on the crotchets.
- Keep your 3rd finger super close to the 2nd.
- Start looking at the next page from this book too (the piece called Fingertips).
- Use these to help with your note reading – maybe start with the G string Notes and G String Pieces sheet.