Welcome to your lesson notes page Vicky!
Mon 16th Nov 2020
If you feel tension in your left hand, try this harmonic exercise:
- For E major one octave, use your 4th fingers instead of open strings so it’s very similar to the other two keys.
- Use 4th fingers on all strings for the B flat major scale – this will help when we try D major starting in 3rd position in future.
- For now, stick to your fingering for the D keys. Use this exercise before you play, remembering to move from the elbow so that your whole hand (including the thumb!) shifts as a unit:
- In the chromatic scale, think about G# being lower than your usual 4th finger position.
- For the opening p, bow closer the the fingerboard and with the wood of the bow tilted slightly away from you.
- Careful not to hold 13 and 17 too long!
- You could try the last note of 16 tucked into another down bow so you don’t need a retake in 18.
- Practice 37 using this exercise:
- Play F major 1 8ve in 2nd position to warm up.
Wed 17th Jul 2019
Your first lesson with me! 😄🎻